Brown spots or age spots are quite common in people. They can be bad for one’s self-confidence as they mostly appear with age. That’s why they’re also called age spots.
These are large and brown spots which usually present the aging process that can’t be avoided. They mostly appear on the shoulder, limbs, face and hands.
This is an article where we’re going to present you some of the best tips and tricks on how to eliminate them. You just need several ingredients that you already have at home!
What can cause the appearance of age spots?
In case you aren’t an older person and you still have brown spots, they can also appear because of UV rays and too much exposure to direct sunlight. It’s very important that you have a good UV protection on you or use a safe tanning bed.
Melanin appears in our body faster the more we stay out in the sun. This is what makes our skin darker and with brown color.
If you have brown spots on some areas, it will mean that the melanin has reacted the most in those areas.
Can these spots harm your health?
- You need to be careful about some things, because these can be really dangerous:
- Observe any age spot you have to notice any change in their color;
- Make sure you see any strange borders around them;
- Any spot which is changing or growing should be prioritized;
- In case some of them are tender or red, you’ll have to consult a dermatologist very soon;
- Self-examinations are really important so that you can react in time.
- You can also use the “ABCDE’s of Melanoma” test to help you.
Eliminate your age spots!
One thing you can try is a very simple solution made of apple cider vinegar and onion juice. Onion juice has been used for centuries against the scarring of skin since it contains antioxidants that decrease the damage of the free radicals and protect the outer skin layer.
Apple cider vinegar contains alpha hydroxyl acids which are natural exfoliants and eliminate any dead skin layer. You’ll be amazed by the results on your skin very soon!
Anti-age spot mixture
- Take a fresh onion and dice it finely. Put it into a Ziploc bag which you will put on a blunt surface and then pulverize.
- Put the pulverized onion into a blender along with ½ a cup of apple cider vinegar. Make sure you’re using an organic vinegar.
- Dip 1 cotton ball in the mixture. Put it on the age spots and use the remedy every day for 4 weeks.
- The remedy is very simple, cheap and natural. The first results will appear in several weeks.
Can we prevent age spots in other ways?
We all need to go out in the sun, so it’s very important not to forget to put on sunscreen!
It doesn’t matter if it’s winter! You need to apply it every time you’re out in the sun. Make sure you avoid tanning beds as they are detrimental for your skin health.
Don’t forget to consult a dermatologist in case of any suspicious spot. Our skin is as important as any other organ in our body and we must take proper care of it!