One of the most noticeable features of our legs is the calf muscle. The calf muscle, when toned and built, can actually help give off the appearance of a slimmer thigh. Whether it’s time to rock skinny jeans or pull out your summer shorts, you need to make sure your calves look as tight as possible. The calves can be fickle foes when trying to get them into shape, as they need high-repetition exercises to push them past the rigors they endure on a daily basis.
Calf Exercises for Women:
1. Wide Squat With Calf Raise:
How to do:
- Stand with your feet about three to four feet apart, toes turned out.
- Bring your hands together in front of your chest, and squat down so your thighs are parallel with the floor, knees over the ankles.
- Raise your left heel off the floor, and begin to pulse the hips up and down, isolating the left calf.
- Continue pulsing for 30 seconds, and then switch sides to complete this exercise.
2. Calf Raise:
How to do:
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart, bracing a park bench or tree for balance if required.
- Keeping core taut, raise body until standing on the tips of your toes.
- Squeeze calves at the top of movement to optimize.