Chin blackheads are as common as acne or pimples. Blackheads are tiny bumps that appear on areas like nose and chin. On the chin area these bumps are more prominent and bigger. These chin blackheads can be really annoying and they can ruin the beauty of your overall skin tone. They cannot be concealed with the use of makeup and if at all you try to hide them, it can cause you more trouble. If you do anything that clogs these pores, then it will result in more blackheads. Anyway don’t worry, below recipe will clear all the blackheads on chin.
Naturally remove those Pesky Blackheads on Chin!
This is something that I have been trying out, and LOVE. Since I have been pregnant with Tucker, I have discovered a lot more blackheads on my chin. And this is not okay with this mama! I have always had pretty nice skin, so when all these unwelcome guests decided to land upon my chin.. I knew I had to do something about it. So, I dove into research.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups of water
- 5-8 drops of Lavender Oil
- Handful of Basil (Fresh or Dried will do!)
- Baking Soda
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Take your 2 cups of water, Lavender oil, and basil, and pop them into a pan on the stove.
- Turn on stove top to medium and let the mixture boil for about 5-6 minutes.
- Once mixture has boiled for that time, pull off burner and pour into a bowl.
- Pull back your hair, and place face over bowl letting the steam hit and absorb into your face. Do this for about 10 minutes. It’s super relaxing and smells GREAT!
- Take your baking soda, and a little bit of water, and make into a paste. Massage thoroughly into skin. Let it dry.
- Wash baking soda off with cool water. Your skin will feel fresh and new! And blackheads will be saying bye-bye!
**I recommend doing this once a week. It will really help diminish the amount of blackheads you have, and of course, doing it more often, always brings better results!**
WHY these ingredients?
Basil has been used for thousands of years to help treat different skin problems. The medicinal herb is especially great for acne problems because it has powerful ant-viral anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties to it.
WHY Lavender Oil?
Lavender oil is great for clogged pores. It is a natural muscle relaxer, soothing agent, conditioner, and astringent. So not only, when you are doing the steam, does it smell great, but you are also absorbing all of active nutrients that come out of the oils, and penetrate your skin and pores.
WHY Baking Soda?
Baking soda has been found to be an amazing natural non-abrasive skin exfoliant! When you buy exfoliants at the store, they contain harsh chemicals (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) that are used renew the layer of skin, by burning off the old one. Baking soda is a physical exfoliant, that instead of doing harm, it actually physically scrubs off the excess skin cells and dirt that is accumulating.